Annual Physical Exam Checkup
At ConnectCare, one of our key goals is preventative care so that you can be healthy and stay healthy. Our Annual Physical Exam Checkup ensures your family doctor has an opportunity to assess your overall health to help keep you and your family healthy all year long.
Q. Why do I need a checkup every year?
Annual checkups help to create a baseline of your overall health and can help detect any concerns as early as possible.
Q. How long does it take?
Checkups only take 15 to 30 minutes depending on your needs and baseline health.
Q. What age should I start?
You should start as soon as possible. The earlier you start, the better. Whether you are a 10, 20, 40 or 75, it is an important part of staying healthy. Each year, your family doctor will perform various tests based on your age and baseline health.
Q. What does a checkup include?
- Full physical examination
- Update of your medical, lifestyle and family history
- If necessary, they will complete an ECG and PFT to check your heart and lungs
- Afterwards, your doctor will send you for blood work
- For women over 25, a pap test is completed to screen for cervical cancer
- For women between the ages of 50-74, you will be sent for a mammogram to screen for breast cancer
- For men over 50, your physician will speak to you about prostate health