Careers at ConnectCare
Now Hiring a Medical Office Assistant (MOA) in Spruce Grove
Are you an experienced Medical Office Assistant (MOA)? Apply today to be a part of our growing family of amazing professionals working as part of our motivated, service driven team with great remuneration packages. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Title: Medical Office Assistant (MOA)
Location: #215 – 20 Westwind Drive, Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada T7X 0Y5
Shift: Days, Weekends, Holidays
Medical Practice located in Spruce Grove is seeking an experienced MOA/Reception for a Full time position in our fast-paced office. We are seeking someone who can work independently, and as a team in a multidisciplinary environment. Must be organized, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist patients, physicians and LPN’s with a varying tasks to ensure smooth running of clinic such as complete patient registrations, appointment bookings/rebooking’s, cancellations autoclaving, cleaning patient rooms and other necessary duties.
- Ensuring that all phone calls, emails and other forms of communication, queries and concerns are answered and re-directed as necessary
- Complete/Manage Referrals to and from the clinic
- Review and process incoming faxes and other documentation related to referrals, recalls and consultations
- Appropriately access and review patient reports and results; Patient filing methods and record keeping
- Complete forms and documentation related to specimens, tests, etc.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Coordinating collection of payments for uninsured services
- Prioritizing and completing tasks according to urgency
- Cleaning duties as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Required successful completion of a Medical Office Assistant program and or certification
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, Nectcare and EMR (Med Access is an asset)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new software and computer operations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Developed problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Proven ability to work in a face paced environment with a diverse patient demographic
- Effective multi-tasking, time management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to providing focused and proactive patient care
- Clear criminal record check
- Clear child welfare and intervention check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications (Basic Cardiac Life Support) are an asset